Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Fun

My plans for today got changed a bit, but it turned out to be super fun. Dave went snowmobiling this morning, big surprise, so I decided I'd take the kids to go do something fun. Kassy was headed to Momentum to do some climbing with friends, while she was there I was going to take Jessy and Cody to go see the Tooth Fairy. Kassy went and saw it last night and said it was super cute. We had about 30 minutes to waste before the movie started so we decided to go watch Kassy climb for a bit. 30 minutes passed but Jessy and Cody didn't want to leave, I told them we were going to miss the movie and they said they didn't care. After about 45 minutes I decided we might as well stay and climb. We went and rented harnesses and then went climbing. Kassy's friend was having a lesson so Kassy was able to climb with us for a bit. She was a great help!! Sometimes I forget how to tie my knots and hook things up, plus it was nice to have 2 of us so Jessy and Cody could climb at the same time. I was able to hold the rope for Kassy a couple of time as well, it was fun to see how much she has learned, she is getting better every week. After lunch Kassy went climbing with her friend so I was on my own with the other 2, they were pretty good at taking turns. 3+ hours later we finally headed home. Like I said, not what I had planned for the day, but still alot of fun! Rock Climbing is a great family Saturday activity. I'm glad Kassy reminded me how much fun it is to climb and that she has found a hobby that she likes.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I'm glad Kassy has found something she really enjoys. I hope I can help my Kassi find something like that, too.

    ReplyDelete