Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reading Books

I love to read, but often feel guilty doing it because I tend to neglect everything else until I finish the book, or in some cases the series. I try not to read at night so I don't take away from time with my kids or from Dave. Imagine my surprise and joy, when I came upstairs Monday night, and found Dave reading. He's reading Hunger Games - GREAT Book! I took advantage of the moment and quickly grabbed a book and joined him. I read Legacy of Lies by Elizabeth Chandler. It was only 191 pages so I was able to finish it in 2 days. Last night when I shut the book and said, "I'm done" Dave turned to me and said, "did you read during the day?" I said "nope", he then replied, "you're a freak." He was on page 171 and had been reading for about an hour before I got home. What can I say, I read fast!

Quick book review. Megan is adopted, her rich grandmother hasn't had anything to do with her or her 2 brothers, until now. Her grandmother "tells" her she is coming for a visit. She doesn't want to go, but her dad tells her she needs to go hoping this will help bring her mother and grandmother back together. Her grandmother didn't approve of Megan's mom marrying her dad, who happens to be black. While visiting, Megan's grandmother goes a bit goofy. The reason behind her goofiness is due to Megan, she just doesn't know why. Just fyi, if you read this book you have to keep an open mind and remember it's a book. I don't believe life/death happens how it is applied in the book, but still it was fun to read. This is the 2nd book of Elizabeth Chandlers that I have read. They are a bit different, but I have liked them.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm a "freak", too! LOL! I am so excited to start reading that new series! Hopefully I can start tonight! Can't wait for our girl's night tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete