Thursday, January 7, 2010

Love to my mom

Even though today marks 4 years since my mom died, I am having a better day. Part of that is due to you followers of my blog. Thanks so much for your kind words. It's nice to know their are people who care about me and know exactly what I am going through. Losing someone you love isn't easy, but we all have to deal with death , it's part of life. THANKS AGAIN for your kindness!

In honor of my mom, I thought I'd share a few things about her.

1. Waking up to her jogging circles on the tramp
2. A quote she use to always say: Sew Buttons on Ice Cream
3. Had the prettiest flower beds and best garden around
4. Loved to read, do puzzles, play games and be with her family
5. Knew where every penny was spent
6. Made our Halloween costumes
7. Made my Wedding dress
8. Always there for me
9. Served a mission to Palmyra, New York
10. Loved the gospel and her Savior
11. Sang in a group called "The Joyful Sounds"
12. Her bottom lip pulled in when she sang
13. Was the meanest mom EVER
(Now I know that meant she was doing things right!)
14. Put spinich in Lasagna - Yuck
15. Didn't always make the best food, but dinner, lunch and breakfast was always waiting for us
16. Wore elastic waste band jeans - hehehe
17. Hated her neck to show
18. Cut hair - wicked at back combing
19. Hated driving - loved it when we turned 16
20. Loved to do crafts, she and I had our own business for awihle, "Candle Light Crafts"


When I was younger I remember thinking, "I don't ever want to be like my mom." Now I think, "if I could only be half of what she was, my kids, my husband, and I might all have a shot at making it!" She was an amazing women and I miss her very much. Love you mom!

Smith home in Palymyra, New York - Cody, Nana, Jessy and Kassy




Mom and Grandma Griffin (Both hangin in Heaven these days)


The Matkin Family - Kassy's Baptism Oct, 2005









4 comments:

  1. Your mom was an absolute sweetheart and I believe you are far more like her than you give yourself credit for. YOu are both amazing women. I cannot believe that it has been 4 years! Though I have not lost my mom-I would be happy to share mine with you, she's a hoot, I hope I am one of those people you know you can depend on. Love ya like a sister!! (Do you remember the old days of saying that?? Hee-hee!) But it is true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on your last post, but it's not showing up so I'll try again. I can't believe your mom has been gone for 4 years. She was such a great woman and I always admired how close you two were. I agree with you that this time of year is the pits. I usually feel a bit down until around April. I was in Utah this past weekend for my Grandpa's funeral. If there would have been more time, I would have tried to get together. Wish Jessy happy birthday for us. I can't believe our girls are 8. Sammy got the necklace you sent to her and loves it! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I'm sorry! I too can't believe it has been 4 years since she died! Those are cute pictures and I loved reading those fun facts about her. I think you are just as awesome as your mother sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. I think you are all great, and am thankful for such amazing "sisters" in my life.

    Stef, sorry to hear about your grandpa. Glad Sammy liked the necklace, and no, I can't believe they are 8!

    ReplyDelete