Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Car Accident

My 1st real car accident. Oh boy! First things first, everyone is ok. We were driving down Redwood Road, going North bound, in the right lane. A car merged over to my lane and then slammed on it's brakes. I remember saying, "Holy crap, we're going to hit him" I swerved to miss him and hit a mail box, flow over a curb and landed with my two front wheels hanging off the curb on the other side or a driveway. You have to see the area to understand what I am talking about. Next time you are driving down Redwood, check out the houses and the curbs in front of their lawns. The officer said we were lucky that we didn't roll the Tahoe. Someone Heavenly as watching out for us today! Luckily I didn't hit any one else, but unluckily, no one stopped to confirm my story as to what happened. The reason for all the brakes was due to a UPS truck that pulled partially off the road to make a delivery. All the cars behind had to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting him, unfortunately for me, my space was eliminated due to the car pulling in my lane. Maybe I would have been better off hitting him. I guess you can try to second guess everything, but for now I am just glad that no one got hurt. I can't say the same for the TAHOE, it took a beating. There's a huge scratch from the stupid mail box, that runs all the way down the drivers side, two flat tires (that are only a month old), damage to the rims, and who knows what kind of damage underneath. One of those days you are grateful to have car insurance. I was hoping we could go after the stupid UPS guys, but the office said that it was probably pointless. We'll see what the insurance company thinks. All in all what a day!! Hope to never do anything like this again.

PS... Thanks to my cute kids for all their loves, and to my husband who didn't yell at me.

Pasengers: Me, Cody, Jessy, Kassy, and Brianna

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! Glad that everyone was okay. I hope that your car gets fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO! I'm glad you're ok. Let's have a girls night, get your mind off things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that everyone was safe! Wow you are a quick thinker!! You got crazy fast reflexes! Glad you were safe...and I second the GNO idea, Corrine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! I saw you! I didn't know it was you at the time I was coming home from Walmart and saw your car and Romero's car. How scary! I am so glad no one got hurt! (and you didn't get yelled at) LOL! What a scary experience for you and your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good new is that cars fix, I am just glad y'all are okay!!!

    ReplyDelete