Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Missed a Day

I can't believe I missed a day. I've been so good, I even blogged on Christmas. The sad part is I don't even have a good reason as to why I missed, I just did. I thought about blogging yesterday afternoon, but then got side tracked with other things. Later I went visiting teaching,when I got home I watched TV with Dave and then went to bed. Usually I lay in my bed and toss and turn, pondering my day, my life, what I need to do and what I didn't do (which has been blogging several times, hence the 11:59 pm postings), but not last night I snuggeled down and went right to sleep. I didn't even think about blogging until this morning when I was at the gym on my last set up bicep curls, all of a sudden it hit me.... I forgot to blog yesterday! Oh well, I am not going to let it bug me. I am sure it will not be the last day I forget to blog. I will just do my best and try not to forget again - no promises that it won't happen again.

It is Jessy's 8th birthday on Saturday and I am drawing a HUGE blank as what to get her. What makes it even harder is that she is drawing a blank as well. She said that she wished her birthday wasn't until February so the stores would have new things out. What a bummer to have a birthday so close to the holidays. To those of you who share this problem, I am sorry. I wish you good luck. The other problem is that Jessy struggles with holidays, I think it has something to do with her OCD. She has a hard time with all the hussle and bussle that comes with holidays, including birthdays. I can't really explain it, but I know it is hard on her. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Wish me luck, I am going to need it.

I have kind of been in a downer mood the past few days, I really shouldn't be, I have lots to be happy about, but I am. I think it has to do with this time of year. I've said it before, I'm not a huge fan of New Years. Part of the reason for that is this is the time of year that Dave and I both lost our mom's. It will be 13 years next month since Dave's mom died and 4 years tomorow since my mom died, both of them from cancer. I miss my mom more than words can say. I think that might have something to do with my struggle with Jessy's 8th birthday or at least her baptism. My mom had just been diagnoised with Cancer when we had Kassy's baptism. She knew she didn't have very long to live. I remember her crying after Kassy's baptism, I hugged her and she said, "this is the last one of my grandkids baptisms that I will go to." Even though I didn't want to admit it, I knew she was right. So now we are on the heels of Jessy's baptism, my mom isn't here and the baptism will take place on my mom's birthday. Kind of ironic. I know in my heart she will be there in spirit, but it's just not the same. I wish she could be there in person.

Life is crazy, sometimes I cope better with the insanity than others, apparently today is not one of those days. Ok, pitty party is over, gotta go pick up kids.

4 comments:

  1. Karey, I am so sorry you are having a rough day. I lost both of my grandmas in January, too. What is it with this month? Just know that I love ya and am thinking about ya. If you need ANYTHING, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been that long since their deaths. I feel your pain, as it has almost been 16 years since I lost my brother.

    Hope you feel better soon, isn't great that we have our knowledge of the gospel and we will be able to see our loved ones again!!

    You could get Jessy her own scriptures. That is one thing our kids got, either for their birthday or their baptism! It is hard, especially when they start to get old enough that they don't care too much about toys. Ipod? DS? Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Miguel's birthday is on saturday, too. About your mom... I have recently found out some days are just harder than others. I found myself saying to Chelsea, more than once, my mom is really dead. It is so hard to believe sometimes. Better day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karey!
    You are incredible. I hope that tomorrow is better--if not, call me and I'll bring chocolate. Honestly though, I truly think that you couldn't honor your mother more than being exactly who you are. She coudn't be less than extremely proud. :) Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete