Friday, April 2, 2010

Slacker

It's true, I've been a slacker, but I can't help it. The truth is all I want to do in my spare time is READ! I love it, and can't get enough of it. I finish one book and pick up the next. I finished Intertwined last night - sequel comes out in September, then I started PURE this morning. I decided to put my book down and spent the next hour browsing Borders web site looking up the dates the sequels come out to all the series I have been reading. Here's the run down: One comes out in April, one May, two in June, one in July, one in August, one in September, and the final one in December. That's only 2010, so exciting! I think I might have a problem, but at least it's a good one!

Spring Break is upon us. Today the kids all had friends coming and going. We started with friends at 11:00 am and sent the last one home at 5:00 pm. I'm exhausted. After words Kassy, Jessy, Cody, and I went to dinner with my dad, Pat, Jennifer, and Mike. We went to the PIE - Yummy! It was a lot of fun hanging with my family. Pat busts me up, sometimes I wonder how she and my dad ever hooked up. Dad is great at being "dad", and Jennifer and Mike, I just adore. Mike invited my kids to go to their house and sleep over after dinner. Free night, to bad Dave spent the afternoon snowmobiling and is now stuck doing homework. The price one has to pay for fun! Hopefully the kids will be good and get some sleep.

I still have much to write about, but I'm going to go lounge and enjoy my quiet time (okay let's be honest, I am going to go read). I'll get out of slacker mode next week, or at least I'll try to put my books down long enough to do so.

Quick update on Jessy's tummy problems. She is still having issues. Monday we are headed to Primary children's for an Ultrasound. Thanks to you who have given suggestions as to what her problem could be. Right now our doctor hasn't ruled anything out. We are just taking it one step at a time. I still truly believe part of it is self inflicted, caused by stress. Poor little thing. Her cousin Taylor ended up in the Hospital this week for his own kind of weird stomache problems. Jessy's tummy has been huting more and more since he went in - again, STRESS! More on all that next week when we know more.

Favorite Gatorade Flavor: Grape!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a crazy day! Wow, you have a lot of books coming up. Hope Jessy is doing okay, let us know what the ultrasound shows, maybe it is just empathy pains for Taylor they have gotten close lately :o).
    Haven't talked to you forever, maybe Tuesday after the kids go back to school.

    ReplyDelete