Thursday, April 15, 2010

Put down the book for Spring

It was so nice outside today that I put my book down, and haven't read all day. It was great to spend time outside.

This morning I helped in Jessy's class, we practiced vocabulary words. After I was done in there, I got to go on a field trip with Cody's class to the Water Conservatory in West Jordan. It's just down the street from our house, yet I have never been there. It was a lot of fun and the kids behaved fairly well. I can't wait to go when the plants are in bloom, I bet it's beautiful!

After I was done with my "school" activities, I decided Kalea needed some time outside as well. I called my friend Kristen and we went to the Jordan River Parkway and went on a walk. It felt great to be outside enjoying the weather and getting a bit of exercise. Once I got home I still hadn't got enough outside time, so I spent the next hour and a half cleaning out flowerbeds. I love digging in my flower beds. I think digging in the dirt is therapeutic. Can't wait to plant flowers!!!!

I had to put the shovel down so I could go pick up kids from school. Yesterday I had promised them that we would go to Target after school to look for this "squirmey" things - some kind of fuzzy worm toy. We couldn't find them at Target so we ended up at good, old Walmart. Hurray, or not, they had them. The kids were so happy, apparently they find this worm things therapeutic - What ever.

Do you ever feel like you spend the afternoons driving kids around to various locations? That's what the rest of the afternoon entailed. Cody to a friends, Kassy to rock climbing. Jessy had no where to go so she decided we should take Kalea for a walk. Off we went to the Jordan River Parkway for walk number two. I am not complain, again, it felt great to be outside enjoying spring and getting exercise.

Once we got home, I couldn't wait to get my hands back in the dirt and finish cleaning out my front flower bed, it looks so pretty, with it's newly overturned dirt.

Still no time to read my book, it was after 7:00pm and my friend Stacie was having a Scentsy party. I love Scentsy's, however, I hate trying to figure out what scent I need to buy. There are so many yummy ones. I finally settled on my top three favorites and then spent the next hour and a half talking with my friend Debbie about......BOOKS. I have about five or six new ones to add to my list of "need to read".

Once I got home, I asked Cody if he had finished his homework, he said "yes". A few minutes later he came in and said, "mom, I can't lie to you, I didn't finish my homework." He and I have spent the last 30 minutes finishing homework, of course it's due tomorrow. Hurray, everyone is now in bed, Dave is doing homework, so I now have a few minutes to go READ!

Something I have learned since I started blogging: the correct spelling for tomorrow is with two "R's". Apparently I have been spelling tomorrow wrong for some time now. Thank Heavens for spell check, because of it, I now know the correct spelling of TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment