Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chocolate Cake and Finals

Have you ever heard Bill Cosby's song about Chocolate Cake? It goes a little something like this, "Dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake..." I need to get my hands on it, totally busts me up. We use to listen to it when I was a kid. Bill Cosby is such a crack up!

Anyway..... Tonight Dave is taking his final in math - Lucky boy - NOT! I decided that the best way I could help is to make chocolate cake. It is cooking as I am typing. Hurray for Chocolate, it is the cure all for everything. Even better, the timer just went off, it's done. It's cooling so I can add chocolate frosting. YUMMMMMMY!

As a mom there are many things we give up (I'm not complaining). Tonight however, I was able to enjoy one of those things. Jessy and Cody were both tucked into bed, and Kassy was at Young Women's as I was making chocolate cake. Usually one of my kids gets the spatula to lick and the other two get the beaters. Tonight I was able to lick all three utensils. Oh the joy of it. Even though it was delicious for ME, I did miss my helpers. Crazy how attached you get to those darn helpers.

Good luck to Dave as he takes his math final. Thanks to a fabulous tutor, lots of Hagan Daz, cookies, treats, and now chocolate cake, he has made it to the end of this session. Unfortunately he has one more math class to take. Better load up on chocolate.

In closing, I know some of you, I won't name names (Michele), couldn't stand the fact that you didn't know what my secret was. It isn't anything terribly huge, but hopefully it will be fun for our family for the summer. We bought a ski boat, not a very big one, but still a ski boat - yeah. Maybe I can finally use my wake board that I got for Christmas three years ago, it's never been used. That is if I can still remember how to get up. I am excited to expose my kids to such a fun activity. I hope they love boating as much as Dave and I do.

4 comments:

  1. I will openly admit I hate secrets, however, apparently I was the only one in MY family who didn't know...lol, I am excited for you guys though that is so great. We hope to have a boat again when the boys are older, it just doesn't make sense for our family right now.
    Good luck to Dave on the math test, I wish him the best, just think you could go boating to celebrate his good grade :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Bill Cosby video. It is hilarious!! We sing that song at our house a lot! Who doesn't want chocolate cake, even better for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Chocolate cake and a ski boat!!! I am so jealous! Boating is the best! You guys are gonna have a fun summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have that Chocolate Cake bit, if you ever need a copy!

    ReplyDelete