Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend

What a great time we had getting together with old friends last night. It was a lot of fun reminiscing about the good old days. Oddly enough while we were waiting for our table we ran into another one of Dave's friends from High School. We haven't seen Todd and April for ages, and there they were at Joe's crab shack, just leaving. They live in West Jordan not to far from us. What a small world! We will have to hook up with them soon.

Yesterday Kassy and I went to Nordstrooms so she could get a makeover. Kind of made me cry. she looked so grown up. She hasn't been all that into makeup since I told her she could start wearing it, but I think this weekend might change all that. This morning she did her own makeup and it looked really good, almost as good as yesterdays. My kids are all growing up so fast.

After the mall, Kassy and I went to a baby shower for a girl that was in my ward when Dave and I lived in our first house. Katy was not even in young women's when we moved and now she is married with 3 kids. What impressed me the most was that she has adopted all 3 of her kids. Jackson is 11 months and Dillon and Parker were born yesterday, just in time for the shower. What made me cry is that all three of these boys have the same birth mom. The girl is 17 years old and has already had 3 kids that are 11 months apart. CRAZY! I pray for this young girl that she might be able to put her life in order and I wish joy and happiness to Katy and Ryan as they raise these 3 special kids. Next year when the twins turn 1, Jackson will have 3 weeks before he turns 2, so Katy and Ryan will have 3 boys that are 1 - Weird!

A few of Cody's favorite things: Cause he's standing right next to me.
1. Jumping on the tramp
2. Playing the WII
3. Going camping
4. Soccer
5. Shooting Hoops

1 comment:

  1. Pictures?? Was it Katy Goldhardt? I have a horrible memory and can't remember!!

    ReplyDelete