Sunday, June 20, 2010

These are a few of my favorite DADS!

I am lucky to be surrounded by a lot of really great dads. Happy Fathers Day to them as well as to all the dads out there. This is Dave's dad Mike, along with his daughter Stacey and his grandson Brody. Mike is one of the most giving people I know. He would give you the shirt off his back as well as anything else you might need. He is a fabulous grandpa, and is affectionately known to my kids as the "big grandpa". I am grateful to him for his support and his acceptance of me.

My brother- in-law Clay, who is married to Dave's sister Stacey, is the quiet type, but when he does say something, you better be listening because it is worth hearing! He has the magic touch with the babies, even when they aren't his own. Shortly after this picture was taken, he had Brody asleep.

At first glance you might think this is Dave surrounded by his kids, but nope this is Dave's look alike brother Brian. Brian is like the pide piper, he's always finding something that keeps the kids following right behind him.

This is my little brother Jared and his sweet baby girl Harlow. Jared is my baby brother and like I've said before, I feel this need to protect him. Don't mess with him or you'll have to deal with me, my sister, my older brother, and lots of other people who are instantly drawn to him by his magnetic personality. I pray he'll get better soon so that he can enjoy the happiness of being a dad.

This isn't a great picture of my big brother and my brother-in-law Mike, but by the time I realized I got the wrong one, it was to late to change it. Anyway you get the "picture". Mike is the one on the left. He is always willing to help me and loves my kids like they were his own. What do I say about my brother Kelly, the one on the right. Kelly is a great big brother, he has a big heart, big dreams, and is a great dad to his kids.

This is one of my favorite dads, Dave! Although there are days I'd like to ring his neck, along with the kids, I can't imagine my life without him. His patience with us all sometimes runs thin, but I know that's only because he is so concerned with making sure that we have everything we need. His concern runs deep for not only his immediate family, but for his extended family, as well as for anyone that may be in need. That is one of the things I love about him the most.


Last but not least, my dad, ROGER. Affectionately known to me as "Rog" (thanks for letting me call you that dad) and to my kids, the "little grandpa". My dad has always been there for me and continues to do so. Some of my favorite memories of my dad are:
* Telling me stories about Flara Frog and Timmy Turtle.
*Singing songs to me as he rocked me in our creaky rocking chair - Favorite "Sweet Violets".
*Going on hikes and him telling me the names of all the trees.
*Riding the rapids down the green river and snake river in the CUROG - that was the name of our rubber raft.
* Best hugs ever.
* Knowing he would be waiting up for me when I got home late - except for that one night when he fell asleep then came bursting into my room at 2:00am demanding to know where I had been, funny thing, I had been in bed since 11:00pm.
*A supportive shoulder to cry on.
And the list goes on. Most of all I am just grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to him, he truly is the greatest dad ever!






2 comments:

  1. Sweet Violets, sweeter than all the clover. Covered all over from head to toe, covered all over with sweet violets... Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a really nice post, I will have to bring Brian down to take a peek. It is fun to see each man from your perspective. Thanks for sharing, what a great tribute to each man mentioned :o)

    ReplyDelete