Saturday, June 26, 2010

Boating

Dave and I both grew up going boating, Dave on a boat that had an engine and me on one that you had to paddle. I really enjoyed river running as a kid, but once I met Dave and discovered the joy of the engine type boat, I was hooked.

For all the times that we have gone boating over the course of our marriage, I've never had to drive. We've always gone with someone else, or someone has gone with us that drove when Dave skied. Not today, I had to drive, and boy did I do a ...... TERRIBLE Job! I won't go into a lot of details, but I will say this, Dave was frustrated, but luckily he didn't yell to much at me once I explained that I had never learn to drive the boat. He just said, "well I guess it's time you learn." Luckily for me the water was crappy so he wasn't to upset by not being able to wake board. Stupid wind!

The girls enjoyed riding on the tube, and I got to wake board for the second time on my board that I got 3 1/2 year ago. Cody decided that he would wait for Lake Powell to ride the tube, silly boy. He is more the helper type than the riding type. He was more concerned making sure that we got the rope pulled in or thrown out, bringing in the wake boards when we were done and getting things out, or put away.

All in all it was a fun day, now we are all beat and ready for bed!

WELCOME HOME Kassy, so glad she is back safe and sound, and had a great time at girls camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment