Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Girls Camp

Kassy is already for girls camp, she packed everything herself, all I had to do was pick up a few things. She is getting so grown up, it makes me cry! We spent the last 3 hours french braiding her hair, it looks super cute, but my hands are numb now. I can't believe she is going without me, not only amnI jealous that she is going and I am not, I will miss her around the house. She is a great helper and does a lot to help me out. She is super excited though, because her dad gets to come up and help out as one of the Priesthood leaders. Lucky Dave!

I'm really sad not to be going to girls camp this year. When I was released from Young Women's a few months back, I told the bishopric that they could release me, but I still got to go to girls camp. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Girls camp is one of my favorite places. I love hanging with the girls, being in the mountains, singing the songs, eating yummy food, being silly, playing practical jokes, and proving that we girls have got what it takes to get things done. However, my most favorite part about girls camp is the feeling you get while you are there, there is nothing like it. The spirit is so strong, you can't help but feel it. It's as if girls camp helps make the gospel true, does that make sense?

Shout out to "my girls", I hope you realize you will always be me girls, HAVE A GREAT TIME AT CAMP! I will miss you and I love you TONS. Be kind to Dave while he is up there, he is a bit nervous!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I LOVED girls camp, I hope Kassy has an amazing time. The girls' hair looked cute today, I'll bet your hands ARE numb after all that braiding. Thanks for letting us hang for a bit today. Zack really wants a play date soon though, we'll have to hook that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun with you at girls camp. You did have the biggest
    cot I have ever seen though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am so sad to not be going....I say we sneak in!!

    ReplyDelete