Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Fun

Night before last my niece Bailee slept over, Jessy was in Heaven. We decided to make the night extra fun by going "camping" in the back yard. Dave got a new tent for Father's Day which just happened to fit perfectly on our deck leading into the house. We had a fire in the fire pit, and I made indoor SMoREs. It was just like being camping. Dave grumbled about it at first, but after finishing homework, he came and joined us at the campfire.

The kids were a bit nervous about sleeping outside by themselves, so I told them I would join them, on the hard deck - oh boy! I came inside and watched The Bachlorette, (which by the way I am totally loving this season, but that's for another day) thinking that they would come in shortly and want to sleep in the house, but no one did. So after my show was over I grabbed my blanket and found my a not so comfy spot at the bottom of every ones feet. I'm not sure who it was harder on, me who kept getting kicked and thrown covers on by the kids, or Kalea who didn't know where to go so she ended up laying by the screen door. For the most part the kids slept good, Jessy was the only one who even got up to see if I had come to join them for the camping adventure.

In the morning when I got up, I could barely turn my neck, it was so stiff. After working out a few creaks and laying on the heating pad for an hour, it was 6:00am when I got up cause it was so bright in the tent, I was able to get moving. The kids had a blast and asked if we could do it again that night. I laughed and said, "not tonight, but we'll do it again". Next time I might let Dave join them and I'll sleep in the comfy bed. Probably not, these are the things that will stick with my kids forever, at least I hope, spending time together, doing crazy, fun things as a family!

Here's a few pictures from our camp out!

Indoor SmoRes - Not as good as the real things, but still yummy!


Dave and Cody hanging out around the "camp fire".


Crazy tent sleeping fools. Karey, Cody, Kassy, Jessy and Bailee.


The tent door and the screen door met together perfectly!

Getting ready for bed. Kassy, Bailee, Jessy, and Cody.

Now for More Summer Fun.
So I no I said in one of my recent posts that I wouldn't be doing any painting in my kids rooms for a long time. However, Cody has kept his room fairly clean, so today we decided o start painting. He wants a University of Utah room. We recently aquired a bunch of U of U stuff, thanks to a neighbor, Helen - thanks, as well as a U of U signed by the team football. I figured we better get it done before the stuff gets lost or ruined.
I always buy my paint at Home Depot, but Smith's Marketplace had their paint on sale. I thought that black, white, and red were simple enough colors that it would be fine. Boy was I wrong, the black and white were ok, but when we started painting the walls red, I thought Cody was going to have a heart attack, they looked pink! I had told the guy that I thought the color looked pink at the store, but he told me it would be fine onece it dried - NOT TRUE! We called Smiths and they said we could bring it back, so we did! We then ran to Home Depot, who just happen to have a football team colors paint listing. We got UofU Red. Just fyi, red is a really hard color to have not look pink. Cody was nervous, because after the first coat it still looked pretty pink, but as it started drying it looked more and more red. Now will have to wait and see what it looks like tomorrow when we get the second coat on. I'll post some pictures when it's done. For now, here are pictures of my painting helpers, I couldn't have gotten so much done tonight without their help - lol!

Jessy Jane

Cody Fred

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a couple of pretty big adventures. Glad you are having fun. I am glad you were finally able to get the "right red" so that your little boy didn't have to sleep in a "pink" room! Oh the things we put ourselve through!

    ReplyDelete