Monday, June 28, 2010

Missing Blog Post

I really did blog yesterday, I just happened to post it on the River 4th Ward YW Blog Site. It was applicable to most of the girls though, because like me they are anxiously awaiting the movie Eclipse. Which I just so happen to be going to see tomorrow night at a 5:30pm showing. Thanks to my friend Denza! Oooo, I am so excited, Eclipse was my favorite book in the series.

Recently a friend of mine was asked why she liked the Twilight series. The lady said, "it's not like it teaches you anything." To that I say, you are right, it didn't really "teach" me anything, I just enjoyed the escape from reality for a moment, ok more like alot of moments. The thing I liked most about the series is the connection I found in some really great friends, that I might have otherwise not connected with. To that I say, thank you Stephanie Meyer and the Twilight Saga.

On a non Twilight subject, I finished Cody's room this morning at 2:30am. I couldn't sleep last night, but since it was Sunday, I knew I shouldn't be painting. I stayed up and read my book "DARK FLAME", which by the way was fabulous, and at 12:01, I pulled out the paintbrushes and began painting. This morning when I got up, everything was dry so I was able to put his room back together. It looks so awesome! We still have a few things to touch up, and I promised him we would hang his Utes stuff, as well as paint all of his furniture black, but that'll have to wait for another day. For now, all I can say is, "Whew, I am glad that is done, and go UTES!"

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT FOR ECLIPSE!! Yay to finishing Cody's room, I wanna see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karey, I just found your blog through Kristen Buchanan's. Was it me who asked that question about Twilight???? Haha! I'm pretty anti-Twilight and sometimes a little too verbal with my opinions on it. I read the first book and refused to read more because I just thought Bella was a horrible role model for girls and Edward was manipulative and controlling... I know I'm sort of weird about it, but if I was the person who made that comment I hope I didn't offend you! I have always felt bad because a long time ago (when I was newer in the ward) you invited me to watch some Twilight movie and later I made a joke about how I wouldn't watch Twilight and I didn't know if that offended you or anything... I hope not (I wasn't meaning to sound rude, sometimes I just talk before I think about how it might sound to someone else)! Anyway, you should update your blog - it's been a long time and I like reading the stuff you posted from before.

    ReplyDelete