Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baptism Pictures

What a great day February 6, 2010 was. Jessy, with a spranged arm, decided to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As her mom, I just want to say how proud I am of her for making such a righteous decision. I know her Heavenly Father was proud of her as well, for choosing to do what is right! I also know that there were many special spirits in attendance that day. Jessy is so lucky to have many guardian angels watching over her. We love you nana, grandma sandy, and all of our other loved ones who have passed on , but continue to play a role in our lives, and join us in spirit at special times such as this.

Ironically Jessy was baptized on my mom's birthday and I am writing this post on the day that marks 13 years since Dave's mom passed away. I feel that it happened this way for a reason. Maybe it was to remind me how truly lucky we are to have these amazing women as examples in our family. I remember my mom saying at Kassy's baptism that, "this would be the last one of my granchildren's baptisms that I attend." She was wrong, I truly felt her spirit as well as the spirits of many others that day! How lucky we are to know that we can be together forever, and to feel of Heavenly Fathers love for us as we experience this amazing moments in our lives.

I am grateful that Dave is a worthy priesthood holder and was able to baptize Jessy. How incredible it was to see the two of them together in the font. They both looked so clean and happy.
I forgot to turn these pictures before I posted them, but you get the idea. Doesn't Jessy look cute. Her white dress was perfect for her, not to frilly. Just simple and beautiful. I've come to the realization that I only have 1 more white dress to provide my girls with. Wow, let's not even go any further with that!
How lucky Jessy was to share the special day with her cousin Riley.
It's a good thing we believe that Baptism is the right thing to do, otherwise no one would get baptized due to the fact that those jumpsuits are so gosh, darn, ugly. Jessy struggled a bit with them, but she made it.

Whew, we made it. Having your son and daughter get baptized is a big deal, plus it is a bit heart wrenching. It's a time of realization. Michele and I are both very aware that our "babies" are growing up. Don't blink, you might miss something.
I've always known that Dave was taller then Brian, but it wasn't until I saw this picture that I realized how much taller. Don't let their height difference fool you. They are both amazing guys! Way to go Dad's, you did a great job.

After the baptism we went to Jessy's favorite restaurant, Chuck-A-Rama. Thanks Riley for letting Jessy pick the restaurant. Our family loves Chuck-A-Rama, but then what's not to love?! We took tons and tons of pictures in front of Chuck-A-Rama, what a beautiful back drop - haha.

We are lucky to have such an amazing family and friend suppport group. I didn't post pictures of everyone, but just know that we appreciated you all being there with us.
Grandpa Roger, Jessy, and Pat
Although they don't always get along, I know that my kids love each other and will always be there for one another. Seriously, aren't they just the cutest?!
I think this quote is a great description of our family, "We might not have it all together, but together we have it all." I truly am blessed with an amazing family.


How blessed Jessy and Riley are to not only have their grandpa's be at their baptisms, but also to have their Great Grandma there as well. Grandma Fagg is truly that "GREAT". Grandpa Mike isn't so bad either - lol!

So here they are, the 2 newest members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Welcome! We are so proud of you both!
Riley Robert Fagg and Jessy Lee Fagg!
Holy Cow, I am going to end this post now. It is getting way to long. I need to write my thoughts about The Bachelor, but I decided that can wait until tomorrow, after I have stewed about it for a little while longer. Seriously, I can't believe he let Alli get away. Wait, wait, that is for tomorrows post.

4 comments:

  1. Looked like a great day! You guys are my kind of people, not wearing dress clothes to the restaurant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had an awesome day. Wish we could have been there. Tell Jessy congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for sharing the day with us, I think it turned out awesome and wouldn't have had it any other way. Thanks for posting that pic of us, I have always said I hate my name Michele Lynn because said fast it sounds like michelin, well with all those rolls I fit the part. geez! Fun day, great family, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, you are observant I only recently added the picture. I don't know if we should let the cat out of the bag at church. I'm not sure what they would think of a woman and her rooster!

    ReplyDelete