Monday, December 14, 2009

Started out questionable - turned out to be a better day

I wasn't sure today was going to be a better day than yesterday when we woke up to discover our power had been out for awihle. It was extra cold in the house and dark, it would have been a perfect day to stay in bed - I was tempted, but we got everyone up and out the door all by candle light. After getting everyone off I began working on my Christmas Lists.....Yea, I love lists!!! I've been feeling a bit behind, but working on my lists helped a great deal! I then made my way down town to get new tires on the Tahoe - my they look good (whatever!) Really, thanks Dave for making sure my car is safe for Utah driving. My little brother (dad-to-be) and I then went to lunch. It was fun spending time with him, I always enjoy our conversations. Did I mention he is going to be a dad in June. I'm a bit excited about that! I then went and did a bit of Christmas shopping. Found a couple of PERFECT Gifts! Made my day as well as helped with my Christmas spirit. Next I ran to pick up kids from school, got Jessy off to gymnastics, home for a quick dinner, than off for a ride to look at Christmas Lights, I LOVE looking at Christmas Lights - I recomend Christmas Street. After a rough start, it turned out to be a pretty good day!

Hope you all had a marvelous Monday! Enjoy what's left off it!

PS. Thanks LuAnn for your comment on my Blog - your comments always make me feel better, and yes Dawn, I think a support group would be a good idea. Why is it that we women have a tendency to see our flaws not our strengthes? Hmmmm, first meetings topic! lol

3 comments:

  1. You always bring a smile to my face!!! I think because we are women, that it is easier to do everything for others and not ourselves. If we could turn our thoughts(and if you figure out how, let me know)to all the good we do, we would be even better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the day did indeed start out questionable here too when we discovered that the power was out! Not fun getting everyone ready in the cold and dark! Glad your day turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all turned out well. It is so satisfying to find those perfect gifts! Yay you!! I too am excited about the daddy to be-still a little shocked but excited nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete