Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Day I was Dreading and Other Stuff

I've known for almost 2 weeks that I was being released from Young Womens. To some this might come as a relief, but for me it was DEVESTATING! I asked Brother Egbert several times if he was sure this was what was supposed to happen. He assured me that it was. I'm going to have to reley heavily on faith to get me threw this release. STRUGGILING! I miss the girls already. It has been hard to go to Young Womens the past few weeks and not burst into tears. I just want the girls to know how much I love them and how grateful I am for the opportunity I had to work with them. I know they are being left in good hands, but still it was hard to be "let go" after only a year. Just so they know I am sooooo coming to girls camp, even if I have to sneak in a duffle bag to get there!

Quick shout out to Chelsea and Kristen for sharing their talents today in Sacrament meeting. I have always known that Chelsea was a powerful, strong, and spiritual giant, but today she proved it even further. The talk she gave in church today was way beyong her years - impressive to say the least. Way to go Chelsea. Kristen performed a musical number on her Chello - took my breath away. Incredible doesn't even begin to cover how beautiful it sounded. What amazing Young Women. Honestly I feel as if these girls are the leaders not in need of leaders. They are going to do amazing things in their futures. Please continue to include me in your lives!!!! Can't forget LuAnn, Chelsea's mom. Her talk was incredible as well. I have always loved LuAnn and thought she was a neat lady, furthered my admiration for her today. Cody's been lucky to have her as his primary teacher this last year - He loves you LuAnn, he's gonna miss you.

On a positive note, I got put in as the Activity Day Girls Leader. Exciting part about that is Jessy starts coming in January, after she turns 8. I was glad she was excited about me being put in there, I wasn't sure how she would feel about that. I have some huge shoes to fill. Toni Worthington has been the leader for along time and she did the funnest things. Wish me luck!

Tonight the kids went with their Aunt Jenny to help her deliver her neighbor gifts. One of the perks of having kids is having them run your errands! It's very quiet at my house right now. I am expecting them home any minute now. It's a school day tomorow and it's time to get to bed.


While the kids were gone, you will never believe who came to our house tonight. It was Santa!!!! Can you believe it. To bad the kids missed him. I am pretty sure it was the real Santa, his beard didn't even look fake. I took a picture of him and Dave so I would have proof to show the kids when they got home. We saw Santa last night when we went to Grandpa Mike's house. He must be working on the naughty or nice list. Better make sure you are on task because Christmas is almost here.
Here are some pictures of todays Christmas outfits. I think everyone looked FABULOUS. Jessy got mad at something so there is no smiling for her, not like that is anything new. Cody on the other hand was all smiles and Kassy was somewhere in between. Gotta love pictures!
Karey and Kassy

Is that a hint of a smile that I see on not only Jessy's face but Dave's as well? Oh my gosh, it is a Christmas miracle!

Christmas is 5 sleeps away. Almost ready, are you?






No comments:

Post a Comment