Sunday, December 13, 2009

Great Lesson - Thanks Heather

Today in Young Womens, Heather gave a great lesson. It was a lesson that I needed. I have a tendency to look at all of my faults and the things I am not good at rather then the things I do well and my positive traits (what are those again?) First Heather had us write our names on a piece of paper then put it under our chair. Next, on a different piece of paper, she had us all write down things that we saw as faults in ourselves. I didn't have enough time to write all of mine down or enough paper. Then she had us scratch off things that we couldn't change - I still had a super long list. Why is it that it's so easy for us to see the negative about ourselves, but so hard to see the positive? After going through our lists, we put our chairs in a circle and got our papers with our names on them. We passed the papers around the circle and everyone wrote something down about that person that impressed them. It was easy for me to write down positive things about the young women, they are all astonding girls who do marvelous things and will go places in their lives. However, if I would have had to write down positive things about myself, I don't think I could have come up with very many, if any. It was touching to read the things that others wrote down about me, your kind words helped lift my spirit. I will keep my card forever and read it often - especially on those days when I am feeling down and can't find the positives. Thanks Heather for such a powerful lesson and thanks girls and leaders for your kind words. They really helped me on a day when I was feeling down and not very strong. I love you guys - you really do teach me more than I think I possibly ever teach you.

Have a Super Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Karey, you are wonderful. I am so relieved to know my baby is in good hands. I know you keep our girls safe, spiritually,mentally, and phsyically. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should start some kind of a movement. Too many of us are like that. I know I am.

    Have a positive day!!

    ReplyDelete