Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hurray it's down!

I always love to get all my Christmas decorations up and my tree decorated, but even more so, I love it when it all comes down. Everything feels so empty, bare and CLEAN! I'm not completeley to the clean part, but everything is down and put away. Tomorow I need to finish dusting and vacum 1 more time. I usually wait until after New Years to take all my things down, but it is a great feeling to have Christmas "put away" - so to speak. Now we can begin the New Year clean and organized. Maybe that's an indication of how the upcoming year will be - haha!

Last night was our Griffin family party. That's my mom's side of the family. Although we don't do much with them now that my mom and grandma our gone, it was alot of fun spending time with my cousins and aunts and uncles. We did a pot luck dinner - always interesting. Aparently alot of us thought alike. 3 crock pots full of little smokies. After dinner we played a game. Everyone had to bring a $5 gift that started with the letter "G" (Jenny's idea, it's kind ofher thing this year - whatever!) I ended up with grape jelly, Dave got goldfish which he traded with Jessy because she got a dvd of 17 hours of "gore". Kassy brought home germX hand sanatizer and Cody was the biggest winner with 2 6 packs of gatorade. Which I brought, but he wasn't willing to trade. He has almost half of them gone already, he has shared with Kassy, nice little guy! All in all it was a fun night. Would have been better had mom and grandma been there, but still it was good to be around family for the holidays.

After the party, Jessy ended up going to Kelly and Michelle's for a sleepover with Bailey. When I went to pick her up, she was a zombie. Michelle said they had stayed up late and watched "Twilight". What the heck. I admit openly that I am a HUGE fan of The Twilight series, but I haven't let Jessy watch it yet. I told her we would 1 of these first days - TOGETHER. All I can say is, "they are darn lucky she slept the rest of the night". Jessy is a pretty sensitive girl, doesn't like scarey AT ALL! Oh well, what do you do. Life moves on and on and on!

Speaking of moving on and on - it's almost 2010. Still can't believe it. where does the time go?!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm. Jessy watched Twilight? Let me know how she sleeps tonight......:)

    You are so on top of things! I can't believe you already have your tree down. My goal is to get everything down by February. LOL!

    Let's plan a time to go see Corrine. Maybe in a couple weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far she has slept okay. Maybe we have talked about it so much that none of it came as to big of a surprise to her.

    Good luck with you tree and decorations. It feels so good to start the new year all clean.

    As soon as Corrine gives us her schedule let's go! Could use a girls outing soon!

    ReplyDelete