Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wrapping Things Up for the Week

I know that on the Calendar Sunday is the first day of the week, but I often feel as if it is the end of the week. It is the day I get to ponder over what has taken place during the week and contemplate what to do in the upcoming week. This past week has been very eventful, and the upcoming week is going to be even more so.

I figured today being Sunday (wrap it up day), it would be a perfect day to finish my thoughts about the fireside with Sister Dalton. One thing that really impressed me about the fireside is when Sister Dalton had all the priest that had come to the fireside stand up. A few whistles came from the balcony of the auditorium. Everyone giggled, even Sister Dalton, she made a comment that she felt like whistling as well. She then asked the girls to look around, "what do you feel?" The first thing that popped into my head was POWER. When she spoke again that is exactly what she said. Not just power but the priesthood power. I am so grateful for the priesthood power in my life. It has helped me on more than one occasion and I have truely seen its power in action. It really was an amazing Fireside. Sister Dalton's love for the Savior, the prophet, the gospel, and the youth was unquestionable as she spoke and shared her testimony. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to feel of the spirit so stongly. Her remarks made me question things in my own life and made me want to do better. Thanks to our great young womens lesson today - thanks Jamie - I am going to set some new goals for my future. I'll keep you posted as to how things pan out.

Last thing before I end, Happy Birthday to some of my favorite people: My best friend since birth, Kirsten - I miss you and wish you all the happiness in the world. My father-in-law, even though he is one of the grumpiest people I know (wonder where Dave get's it from - lol), I am so grateful for his presence in my families lives.

Happy Sunday to you all!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to get to hang tonight, sorry I had to run, hope everyone got home safe! Always fun to get to be with everyone. Fun to get to try to get Stacey wrapped up in Cougartown (giggle) HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete