Friday, November 20, 2009

The Reviews Are In - New Moon was a HUGE Success

After a lot of stress and anticipation, our sneek peak of New Moon was a huge success. It was kinda fun walking into the theatre and taking charge of how things ran for the night. There was a bit of a glich when the theatre people said we had to start seating immediatley because we told people they couldn't line up until 5 and then seating wouldn't begin until 5:30. Thanks to modern technology - texting - we were able to get the word out to most everyone and instantly the fans started pouring into the theatre. Again, I was a bit stressed, but everyone played nicely and seating went fairly well. We only had 1 group, that I know of, that didn't get to sit all together. Not to bad when you factor in 243 Twilight fans.

Thanks to all of you who joined me on the front row, you are awesome and saved me having to deal with alot of grief! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Not my seat of choice, but it worked, plus no one could growl at me because I was 1 of the people who put this thing together. I could have had any seat I wanted to, but instead I hung on the front row!

As for the movie itself; no movie is as good as the book, how can it be? In a book the author is able to give as much detail as they want, and Stephanie Meyer gives lots of details. In a movie the director doesn't have that ability, they have minutes to portray something that might have taken pages to describle in the book. I read a review this morning that was harsh on the scene where the months pass in New Moon, describing it as boring and long. To me, I thought the scene was perfect. It's exactly how I pictured it in the book, Bella sitting, wasting time, and feeling miserable. The review also said something about Bella and Edward and their lack of words and the annoying long gazes between the 2 of them. Again that didn't bother me, most of the book is what is going on inside Bella's head, not what she is saying to Edward.

The Wolf Pack - oh my gosh! I loved them, they brought humor and energy to the movie, as well as some serious six packs to gape at (come on, I know you all drooled a bit when you saw them). Taylor was amazing as Jacob! I am really glad that he was able to keep the role of Jacob, this movie wouldn't have been the same had they replaced him. (Still bugged that they replaced Victoria for the next one!)

The Cullens - loved them! They looked so much better this time around, the eyes, the hair - definatley better. Alice is one of my favorites, she had some great lines. One of my favorite lines of the movie was when she said, "I'll be back as soon as you put the dog out." There was a lot of great one liners not only by the vampires, but the werewolfs and humans to.

My shirt that I wore, thanks to Connie Meyers, had a picture of Edward and Jacob with the saying, "I can't decide". I think a better saying for my shirt would be, "I can't get enough! " Maybe that's what I'll do for my next shirt when Eclipse comes out in 221 days. I really love this series. I'll admit it I have read all the books multiple times, but I'm not saying how many times, that could be embarassing. They are just to fun!

Thanks to Stephanie Meyer for reminding me how much I love to read. I had put that passion a side until reading the Twilight Saga. I am glad to be back in reading mode, it's a great outlet. Dave might not agree, but he tolerates my closet reading - THANKS!

Again thanks to all of you who came and spent your evening with me. I hope you had as much fun as I did! Oh yes, I will be seeing this movie again in the NEAR future. Feel free to join me! Don't get your hopes up yet, but as of now, our name is on the list to do this again on June 29th when Eclipse comes out. We will see what happens - no guarantees, but it is definetley a possibilty. We learned alot this time around, so next time might be easier.

Happy Friday to you all - Yea we made it to the weekend! ENJOY

4 comments:

  1. hehe this kassy you forgot to sign out it was awesome and the front row wasn't bad i loved it plus me and my two shrimpy friends were awesome security!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll have to see it, but I still might wait for the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emmetts lines and Jaspers one line "I say yes because then i won't have to keep wanting to kill you." LOL I loved it that movie was insanly awesome! so i loved it thats my review I don't know what those other critics were thinking that the month sequence was just like i pictured in the book it was not long or boring loved it and emmett and jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad everything went so great! If you decide to do it again I wanna be invited...please! Sad I couldn't join this time but it was fun to get to chat with you about it after!

    ReplyDelete