Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Gobble - Happy Turkey Day

The Macey's parade is on, the pies are made, Dave's playing football in a "turkey bowl", and the newspaper is her. Turkey dinner at 2:00 followed by Planet 51 at 4:40. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving Day!

The things that I am grateful for are endless, I couldn't possibly write them all down. So, here's 10 things that I am thankful for today:

1. My husband
2. My kids
3. My family
4. The Savior
5. The gospel
6. Great friends
7. Food to eat
8. Books to read
9. Changing seasons
10. Modern Technology

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember, sometimes when life gets crazy it's hard to see the big things to be thankful for, look for the little things. Little things are all around and they are the things that keep me going! I hope this Thanksgiving their are big things in your life to be grateful for as well as lots and lots of little things!

It's time to go scope the adds to plan my attack for Black Friday! I love shopping on Black Friday. It is one of my favorite family traditions, and I great way to burn off the Thanksgiving calories. The morning begins at Smith's Marketplace - I'm not sure why, but it just does! Maybe it's the free donuts and juice. What ever the case, it's lots of fun and I love being with my dad, my older brother and sister. Unfortunatley my little brother never got the "Black Friday bug". I don't understand that, but I won't hold it against him. Maybe one day we will get him hooked, but I'm not counting on it. It will be weird this year with dad not being with us. He is in Arizona spending some time with Pat's kids. I'm sure will have to call him just because that's what we do when we are waiting in lines.

May your turkey be tender, may your stuffing stuff you, may your mashed potatos not be lumpy and enjoy your PIE - lots and lots of PIE! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving was a fun day! We need to make it our new tradition. Brian felt bad that he ticked Cody off further, he thought he could get him to giggle-it would have worked with our boys. Sorry! Thanks for spending time with us, it's always interesting...

    ReplyDelete