Thursday, May 20, 2010

Survived

What a day. Who knew that going to the zoo could literally wipe you out. I feel as if I have been run over by a bus. After riding the school bus to the zoo, then waiting for 30 minutes while some technical difficult was taken care of, they couldn't find our reservation, we finally headed into the zoo. I can't say that the kids in my group were terrible, but I did have a few of the more "challenging kids". A couple of the girls in my group were extremely whinny. It was just about 10:00 am when we went in and they started complaining about the fact that they were starving. I passed around licorice, but that only helped for a few minutes. The scheduled plan was that we would meet the other kids and chaperons from 11:30 - 12:30 for lunch. I tried to explain to these girls that that's how it was at school, that they didn't get to go to the lunch room to eat just because they were hungry that there was an assigned time for it. Finally after alot of whining 11:30 came around and we went and ate lunch. After lunch the kids were pretty much done with the zoo, we had seen most of the animals, and decided what they really wanted was to go to the play area. So that's what we did. Funny thing, when we were walking to the play area I stopped and pointed some of the animals out to the kids, one of the "whinny" girls said to me "Why do we keep stopping to look at animals?" I thought it, and wanted to say it, but I didn't......BECAUSE WE ARE AT THE ZOO!!!!! We then spent the next stressful 30 minutes at the play area. Stressful for me because it's really hard to keep track of 6 kids running around a large play area. It would have been less stressful if there was only one entrance into the play are, but there are several. However, the kids had a ball and everyone made it out safely. I then took them to get a treat to pass the last bit of time. Whew!!! That's not where the insanity ended thou, we still had the bus ride home and it was loud and crazy. All I can say is that we don't pay our school teachers near enough! My favorite part of the zoo, besides being done with it, was the new baby elephant - super cute.

Jessy had a great time at Tracy Aviary and is anxious to take us all back to experience the birds. I was sad that I wasn't able to go with her. How dare the school plan field trips on the same day for first and second graders. Then again, probably not very many people have first and second graders the same year. In talking with some of the mom's that went with the second graders, it was every bit as wild as it was with the first graders. Again, teachers should be paid more.

Kassy's posters got put up today and tomorrow she has to give a speech that will be broadcast on the school's TV's. Keeping my fingers crossed for her. She could really use a win!

As some of you may know, Dave hasn't been feeling well. He's had an infection and his medication caused some weird side effects. Just FYI, my recent comments about cancer does not have anything to do with him. I was just venting. However, if you do know someone with cancer, I encourage you to pray for them, pray for their families, and pray for a cure!

Finally, after my stressful day I was able to finish my book today. I have read lots of other books lately that do not involve vampires, and I have really liked them, but deep down I am still obsessed with vampires. They fascinate me, and I can't help but get "sucked" into the vampire world - lol!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karey. You are such a patient woman. I probably would have said what you wanted to say but didn't. How did Kassy's speach go? I am anxiously awaiting the results of the voting. I hope she wins! She is so adorable! She deserves it. I hope Dave is doing better. It is not fun to be down and out. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete