Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

There are many mom's out there who have helped me get to this point in my life. Thanks for the examples you have been. A quote was given in church today, I think it was by Sherry Dew, it went something like this, "thanks to the mom who bore me, and to all those mom's who bear with me..."

No one ever said the job of being a mother was going to be easy, but it is definitely worth it. Even though my 3 monsters, oops I meant kids, drive me crazy, I couldn't imagine my world without them. To them I say thanks for letting me be your mom.

Here's to my own mom, who I miss more than anything. I am sad that it took me so long to realize how truly amazing she was. I remember thinking when I was younger, "I don't want to be like my mom". Now I think, "If I could be half the person my mom was, I'll be okay."

I am grateful for Dave's mom, for raising such a great son. I wish she could have been around to enjoy the sweet life of being a grandma, she would have been an amazing one! I couldn't have asked for a better Mother-In-Law. Miss her lots.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you fabulous mom's out there.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, you definetly get pooped on in the mom department, I am thankful for you though that you had 2 great examples of mom's for awhile. On the bright side, you are not torn over several different places to go throughout the day-like other nightmare stories I hear of. You are a wonderful mother and your children are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete