Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dave "Went Skydiving" - 40th Birthday Fun!!

IT'S OFFICIAL, Dave is the big -4-0-!!!! Dang that is old, whew, I'm glad I'm not that old -lol. I tried to post this on his birthday, but unfortunatley the system was down and it wouldn't let me. After that life got so crazy and I didn't have time to put this AMAZING Post in. So here it is Dave's Big day - SKYDIVING We started the morning with breakfast and gifts. Dave didn't suspect a thing! His first present didn't give away much, it was a match box airplane from Cody. Dave just smiled and said thanks. Next came Jessy's present, he started to get worried. Jessy gave him little plastic sky diving guys. It was then he started putting it all together. Then the final present came from Kassy, the map to the Ogden airport. Fear, excitment and age all sarted to take their place in Dave's mind. He said "What if I can't do it" (he of course would deny saying that). I told him that wouldn't be a problem though because they strap you on to someone and you have no choice. Once we got to the Ogden airport he was still a bit nervous, but getting more excited by the momement. When his turn came he kissed us all good bye and headed onto the plane for a 40th birthday adventure. (I would say once in a lifetime opportunity, but I'm sure that's not the case, he had way to much fun!!!) The kids and I watched eagerly waiting to see him coming down from the sky. Finally we saw the small dots dropping out of the plane. It wasn't until we saw him waving his arms that we knew which one was him. It was really neat to watch the whole experience and to see Dave SMILING - he doesn't do that alot. We got the entire thing on video, so if you ever have a spare moment and want to see the whole thing on film, feel free to stop by. Like I said earlier, not a once in a lifetime opportunity, I think he might be hooked. I'm hoping that maybe he will return the favor on my 40th birthday. Maybe by then i'll have figured out how to put my pictures in order - SORRY. Here's a few pictures, hope you enjoy them!

Reality has hit....fear and excitment!


The Gifts leading up to the ADVENTURE
Most awesome wife - EVER!!!

Even though you can't see Dave's smiling face, this is my FAVORITE picture!

Can we have a show of hands for the 40th Birthday Adventure!

Dave's instructor totally busted me up. When he saw Dave he said, "You're a BIG One". As they were getting ready to jump from the plane he then said, "Tuck really hard and we will see if we can get your fat "a" around to do a back flip". Check out the shoes - aren't they cool?!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday OLD MAN!! Gld we still have a while until we hit 40!!

    BTW, Karey, you are the best wife ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You are the BEST wife ever! And I want to see Dave wearing a pair of those wild shoes the instructor has on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I am excited to see if the favor IS returned for your 40th. Brian soooo thinks this is the thing to do for that big b-day. We'll have to see! You are an AMAZING wife!

    ReplyDelete