Saturday, October 17, 2009

While Dad is Away, Mom and Children will PLAY!

What a super fun Deer Widow's weekend we've had. Dave left thursday, and I'll admit I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, but I didn't let that get me down. Instead, I made the best out of it. I started off with treating myself to shopping and lunch with my sister on Thursday. Got some super cute stuff at Nordstroms. I hardly ever shop at Nordstroms, but when I heard they had a New Moon line of clothing, I had to go take a look. Really, I went because one of my YW (Kristen) is on the teen fashion board and got entered into a drawing for every card with her name that was turned in. I think we got 6 or 7 turned in for her. Hope she wins something fabulous! To shop at Nordstroms you have to have ALOT of money. Holy Cow - The boots I want are only $297. I'm sure Dave won't mind if I get those in brown and black. Haha!

Friday I watched my friend Denza's cute little girls, Kylee and Alexa. Wow, I forgot how crazy it is having little kids running around the house. My house isn't baby proof anymore, funny how things change. Friday afternoon Jessy and Cody both went to friends houses while Kassy, her friend Brianna, and I went back to Nordstroms to see Kristen in the New Moon Fashion Show. Kristen looked great in her "New Moon" clothes. After that I picked up kids and headed home to wash the car. It took me a really long time to wash my car though, because friends kept stopping by - not complaining, it was so good to see Scarlett, Stacey, Connie, and Jeanette. I love chatting with friends, just ask Dave or my kids. Later that night Denza and her girls came over and we picked up dinner and brought it back to the house so the kids could play, or in Kassy's case, "hang-out". It gave me another chance to chat with a friend. Sleep overs, late nights, and movies, perfect for a Friday Night.

Saturday brought more fun as well as work. We got up in the morning and went to watch our friend Mikayla's last soccer game of the season (which by the way if you read my previous post you know Cody had his last soccer game - Not as succesful as the others. Played a super hard time. Final Score was 6 - 2. Not in our favor. You win some you lose some.) Once the soccer game was over the work began, we headed home to do some chores. Good news - the house looks clean and the lawn is mowed. Reward for all our hard work, we went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was a blast and we only had one small issue over a chair. Below are some pictures to show you how much fun we had. All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. Enjoy - we sure did!

Kassy, Cody, Karey and Jessy - Thanksgiving Point "Scarecrow Festival"



Mikayla, Jessy and Cody. Cody won't ever let me take his picture when I want to, but when I am trying to take someone elses picture he always seems to pop in! Jessy is so Bendy - Flexy!

Kassy and Kylee - Notice Cody trying to sneek in - AGAIN! Jessy in the background.

Alexa was such a trooper.

Karey and Denza.

End to a fantasic weekend. Would have been better if our dad's would have been there with us, but we made due without.
One more quick thing....On Thursday night when Jessy was saying her prayers she said, "Please bless my dad that he won't see a deer so he won't be able to shot it." Busted me up!! As of 9:00 tonight Jessy's prayer still was answered, no Deer for Dave. We will see what tomorow brings!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Should I be offended that you didn't mention I dropped by to say "hi" on Friday-just kidding... I am glad that as of last night Jessy's prayer had been answered. Glad you had such a great weekend! Hope Dave gets/got home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had such a fun time! Let me know next time you come to Lehi! Well, I will be having you gals over sometime soon to see my new house! One week and counting! YAHOO!

    ReplyDelete