Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coming Back

It has been a really long time since I have posted anything. I like to think of it as an extended summer vacation! I am not promising much because right now my life is in full caios mode! Between kids, husband, day to day stuff, yw calling, PTA, and training for a half marathon, I can barely keep my head above water. I would really love to find time to give all the details of my summer, but I'm not sure that will happen. Will see what I find time to post.

For now, just a few updates:

*Best news ever, my little brother is Cancer free and doing well - Hurray! Thanks to all of you who kept him and his family in your prayers!

*My nephew Chris is in training to be a Marine. He graduates in October. I am so proud of him and am thankful for his willingness to protect our country.

*Dave is rocking his school. Every class session he tells me, "this is the class that is going to bring down my GPA". Big fat liar, he is a straight A student and only has one more class until he is done, well that is if he doesn't decide to further his college education. Not sure that will happen right away, I think he is geting burned out plus his job is extremley stressful these days. Still I am super proud of him for his accomplishment. Way to go!!

*Kassy entered the Miss Teen Utah Pageant and made it to the top 150. Her pageant is this Saturday. Congratulations Kassy! I will let you know how she does. Her dress is beautiful, her shoes are insanely spikey, and she looks so darn grown up and gorgeous that I think to myself, "there is no way that is my kid." I am proud of her for going out of her comfort zone and trying something different. Saturday should be an exciting day!

*Jessy is messy as ever - lol. That girl can destroy a room faster than you can shake a stick. Still I love her to pieces. She is doing well in school and is a social butterfly. Her favorite thing to do is have playdates. She is still in gymnastics and recently moved up a level. She can almost do her back handspring by herself. She is a BYU fan, but I keep telling her that she should be a UTES gymnast. Will see what happens.

*Cody is RED through and through. He loves the UTES and is super excited to go watch the football teams private practice and then eat dinner with them. However, he is not a big fan of going to the football games, they are way to long for his liking. He is playing soccer and is doing really great this year. No goal yet, but we still have a bunch of games to go. After soccer is over he thinks he might like to give Karate a try. hmmmm! He is really smart, but struggles going to school. He says it's because he wants to stay home with me.

*Me, I am trying to stay a float. I kind of gave my rundown of craziness above. I ran a marathon relay a few weeks ago. It was a kick. I can't say that I love running, but I love the way I feel after I am done and I love running with my friend Sandra, she busts me up. Maybe one day I will be able to talk to her while we run, but for now she carries on the conversation for both of us. We are training for the Halloween Half Marathon in October, I am really excited for this challenge, but am also very nervous.

Those are just a few of the highlights. I will try to catch up more later. For now I've got a hundred plus things I've got to get done!

Glad to be back!

3 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't see your post. I don't know if it's my computer or yours. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can pull this up at my house! The updates were great, glad to get a handle on everyone! Thanks for hanging today, it was so fun to catch up. I miss hanging out with you, maybe someday our lives will calm down enough-by then we'll probably be boobing that we want the chaos back-do you think that REALLY happens?? LOLOL

    P.S. I am super proud of your running, I think it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can read your post. Now you need to do a new one! LOL! Have fun on your trip, and I expect to see some pics on here from it. :)

    ReplyDelete